- PC (Windows)
- Android devices
How to remove WhatsApp Desktop from Windows
Commonly, many people delete WhatsApp from their PC because the PC version doesn’t work if your smartphone is not connected to the Internet. This means that to use the application on your computer you have to install it on both your smartphone and Windows based PC, Linux or MacOS, log into your account and then connect your smartphone to the Internet. Without Internet connection on your smartphone, the PC application will not work. This is not only very impractical, it’s also just plain annoying.
Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to uninstall WhatsApp messenger on your PC (Windows 10):
- Open the Settings application then press the Windows logo + I on the keyboard. Or click on the “Settings” logo on the left side of the Start
- Click on the System icon, then Apps and Features. You will see all the applications installed.
- Find WhatsApp, click on its icon, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click again to confirm.
Here is another example of how to delete WhatsApp:
- In the Start menu, open the Control Panel and change the view to Small icons for better observation.
- Choose Programs and Features.
- Click on WhatsApp image and select Uninstall.
How to remove WhatsApp Messenger on Android
If you have installed WhatsApp messenger for Android and now want to delete it, follow the below instructions:
- Long tap on the application icon on Home screen until it starts wriggling.
- Press on the X icon.
If you have trouble and can’t uninstall WhatsApp, try this:
- Open the Settings menu and choose Apps.
- You will see all the applications that were installed on your smartphone or tablet. Tap on the WhatsApp icon.
- Tap on Uninstall then tap OK to confirm your intentions, as shown on the image above.
The third way to remove WhatsApp:
- Search for the application in the Play Store.
- In the listing page, choose the app icon and select Uninstall like shown on the picture above. Confirm by tapping OK.
How to delete WhatsApp Messenger on iPhone
To remove the application from iPhone or iPad use the Home screen:
- Press the messenger icon, when it jiggles tap on X in the upper left corner like it is shown on the above image.
- Tap on Delete and you will uninstall the app.
Conclusion: your privacy
WhatsApp, like other Facebook family services, is often accused of selling their users’ personal information. Even if you delete the application your data can still be used for commercial purposes. No matter what service you use, or will use, you are responsible for your own privacy as many companies not only suffer from data leakage but even organizes it.
RusVPN for [platform]
on VPNBase rating